Monday, October 3rd
Wednesday, October 12th
. Picture Day!
Wednesday, October 19th, 2016
Grades K-6: 8:06 am - 2:30 am
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
CELDT: California English Language Development Test
• Federal and state laws require that school districts must give a state test to students whose primary home language is not English. In California, this test is called the California English Language Development Test (CELDT).
o Identify English learners in kindergarten through grade twelve
o Measure their skill level in English
o Check their progress in learning English each year
• All students in kindergarten through grade twelve, whose primary language is not English, must take the CELDT. These students must take the test within 30 calendar days after they start at a California public school for the first time. The CELDT also must be given once each year to English learners until they have learned the skills in English needed to complete their schoolwork.
We Offer the DUAL Language Two-Way Immersion Program - Spanish
DUAL Language Two-Way Immersion Program - Spanish
What is it?
• Instructional program for English learners and English proficient students taught in the EL’s primary language (Spanish) and English.
How does this program help my child?
• Students learn standards-based academic content in English and in the Spanish.
What makes this program unique?
• English learners and English proficient students acquire language proficiency and academic achievement in English and in Spanish.
• English learners (who speak Spanish) and English proficient students serve as mutual language models.
• Students develop bilingualism and biliteracy.
Who can enroll in this program?
• English learners in elementary grades, who speak Spanish.
• English proficient students (IFEP, RFEP, EO.)
What grade levels offer the program?
• We currently offer the DUAL Language Program in grades Kindergarten through 6th grade.
Do I need a Parental Exception Waiver?
Parents and staff, make sure to visit our PSA Counselor's website to learn more about school attendance.
SCHOOL WIDE POSITIVE BEHAVIOR PLAN
Please continue supporting our positive behavior plan by reviewing school rules and expectations with your son/daughter and by giving your child immediate positive feedback for good behavior. Your support in this effort will help establish a culture of safety and respect.
COFFEE WITH THE PRINCIPAL MEETINGS
Friday, August 26th @ 8:30 am
Friday, September 30th @ 8:30 am
Friday, October 21st @ 8:30 am
Friday, December 16th @ 8:30 am
ELAC/SSC Orientation Meeting
Come join us this Friday, September 9th at 8:30 a.m. in the Parent Center for our annual ELAC/SSC Orientation Meeting.
Discover ways that you can get more involved at our school through these two very important committees.
We look forward to seeing you there!